Tuesday 20 December 2011

Naina d girl with specs...


There is a girl in my building, my building means office building; there are around more than 50 buildings inside campus. Her cube is in the ground floor and my place is on the first floor. When I take stairs exactly from the 6th step I can have a glimpse of Naina. I don’t know her name but she reminds me the character 'Naina' from ‘Kal Ho Naa Ho’, played by ‘Preeti Zinta’. She wears specs and having those dimples on her cheeks,’Zinta wale’. I guess sometimes she wears hair-band and why not, beautiful hairs need extra care. 

When I use to go for lunch most of the time I find her sitting on the bench outside the building with soft-drink glass, I guess ‘Pepsi’. Sometimes I can find her sitting at the building reception sofa reading novel with the intense expressions. I like those expressions in girls, intense reading expressions with specs.

I am not sure but there is something missing in her life. I haven’t seen her laughing with the full of mouth. It’s very bad actually, a beautiful girl with dimples on her cheeks doesn’t laugh much. I am recalling the day when our HR people did some innovative tasks; not much innovative, but for the sake of some good ratings people have to show something innovative on paper, “the balloon burst”. I have to say the only innovation I found in that balloon activity was, Naina was laughing really like a kid. Thanks to those HR people for that innovation.

When someone laughs with that intensity, I hold for a moment and really that movie type of things happen with me, “time freezes up” and somewhere in the background I hear those sounds coming from every corner; sometimes one small football and lot of small feet, all chasing the ball with the Maradona intensity; sometimes that green tennis ball on a big ground having 3 or 4 cricket pitches; sometimes those colourful ranger cycles...

Boooomb...sound of balloon burst, Naina found a balloon; now she is laughing and only laughing with that black ribbon on her eyes. After finishing her turn, now she is enjoying other colleague’s game, but not laughing with the same intensity. I don’t know the reason but may be without that black ribbon she is now back into present and somewhere her present is not much happening like her past.

O Naina...Naina...where are those Rohit, Rahul and Raj...

I wish I could give her that black ribbon which sometimes works as the time machine, which doesn’t switch the time but Naina into the real Naina... 

P.S. : I wrote this story 3 months back, when I was in Bangalore. Today it just got the touch :) 

2 comments: