Sunday 21 August 2011

Curious case of d IT guy

My 1st attempt in fiction... In conversation bold + italic for Saanj  


Scene: Sunday, time : around 5:00 PM
Ring at my door bell...
Hey Ank...period...( this is Sanjana my friend...Interior Designer...called me or I would prefer informed me on this Tuesday that we both will be going for the movie)...
Saanj...Surprise...you didn’t call me that u r coming !!!
Whaat...no no it’s ok, it’s ok ...come
Ank what is this ?
What I didn’t get you...
This you are in shorts...so whats d problem in shorts...saaf suthra hai yaar...chalo chodo
Have seat yaar...kya logi ?...real...maza...Malya ki cold drink yaa phir garmagarm hot asli adrak ki chai...
Btw you are looking beautiful... J
(No reaction)...Ank you IT guys are always like this (attitude in looks)...
IT...what you mean by IT ! (question marks on my face)
What is this...I called you on Tuesday that I will be coming here... and here you are in shorts...and this...this your laptop...I don’t know who created this hell thing and some ppl lyk u can’t even leave this alone...
Saanj wats d problem...IT...laptop...(pretending again to be innocent) J
We planned for d movie at 7:00...and you...you know  how i managed my day...thought of spending  some quality time with you...but you selfish...don’t even bother about my feelings...my likingsL
Hey hey...Saanj...chill chill kool down...don’t worry I am alone here...frns are outside...
So whaat...wat you mean by you are alone...
Arreee...we are spending na quality time...Wait we will have hot adark ki chai...
Hot adrak ki chai...wats special in hot adark ki chai...
U know d special thing...just wait 5 mins J
U can surf for d tym J
Surf ...m not lyk u ppl...google...youtube...and dat shit loud  music...
Ok ok...jus do what you want to do...1 sec just minimised this...
What is this...show me...nothing office work...
Office work...ohhhhhh Gaaaud....
U n ur IT.
(After 5 mins having hot adark wali chai...with Saanj) J
So hows Tanya...mmm c z gud...went for outing wid her boyfriend...
Ank really I like this ginger tea...adrak wali chai... :)
Hummm Tanya’s boyfriend...d banker guy, I guess...
Yea...Tanya is lucky girl...Varun cares her too much...
(In the mean tym I got a call from my senior colleague) L
Yea...ok*******************************.....
1 sec  Saanj...need to look at  what my colleague mentioned...
Actually next week is release ...
Release whats dat ???? I know only movie release...
Ok ok ...its like when movie release date comes close...every star does promotional activities, reality show  appearance and all...so same I need to increase my screen appearance and  to stretch more and more...
OK...Btw Ank what is this...this... this is IT...:)
Ohhho stop kidding me... m just asking what kind of work you do...
Sorry... social engineering is not allowed :)
Social engineering...ohh my god...what's that...
Nothing but project things are not supposed to be discussed with outsiders...
Outsiders...(now I realized what i did)...
I am outsider...I can show you my expensive designs...and at your turn no outsiders...
I didn’t mean that...no I know... u IT ppl think that you only are utilising your brains and rest of the world is dumb...low IQ...
You know rishta aaya tha mere liye software engg ka...3 saal se UK me hai...but maine papa se mana ker diya...
 (Saanj doesn’t use Hindi much, but when she does...I can understand) ...
ye ye kya  tha tumhare room ka haal...maine aake sahi kiya tha ye room...ye parde...bedsheet sab meri choice ke hain...tum jaante kya ho...hot adrak wali chai...Malya ki cold-drink, real, tumhare ye dumbbell ,tumhari poem, blog, tumhara project, tumhari team aur sabse bada ye...ye laptop...
Kitani baar tumse kaha iPhone lelo...Tanya’s BF used to change his cell in every 3 months...but tumhare to logic hi alag hain... poori duniya se alag...
(iPhone why iPhone discussion here ?)
OK OK..kool down...Now listen first thing all IT guys are not like me, you are pointing d whole community...
Nahin sab ek jaise hain...galle me patta daal ke ghoomte hain...
(Ohhh my IT GOD please help me)...ok ok...sare IT wale ek jaise hain...
But yahan pe Tanya ka boyfriend kahan se aa gaya (what kind of comparison is this IT Vs Bank guy)
Varun 3 mahine me phone badlata hai...Tanya uski girlfriend kabse hai...
Last 4 months se...
(here I got the point to command the situation)
Last 4 months...do you ever try to think how long Tanya’s relationship is going to last with Varun.
And 1 more thing come here...why do I need an iPhone...cum...see this ...
I can make a phone call, conference call, Fax call, VOIP call, video call********....
Question marks on Saanj’s face...what is this (in low voice)...
This is IT...and please don’t torture me with the name of IT, I have no answers for your questions.
The thing is, I am in IT because its here with me...in my name...(ankIT)...
(In the spirit of Slumdog Millionair) IT’s written.
(Now I can feel the winning smell, after a mini speech )
Thats why I told you that day, jus call me ank not ankIT...
And you know Saanj, why I call you Saanj...
Why ?
Tum kabhi kisi baat ke liye naa nahin bolti... J
(Saanj lyk dis sense of humor...I guess every girl)
Ab Saanj naa mat bolna please...
I have to complete my work...you jus see my album...childhood pics...novel ...n let me know if you want hot adark wali chai J
And we are going na...dinner... quality time...



3 comments:

  1. sandeep said...great yaara, nice fiction, same kind of curiosity in story which I find in Chetan Bhagat's novel (Five point) ......superlike +100 from my end - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. no doubt its quality work here...:)
    keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Sandy G...for very inspiring feedback :)

    ReplyDelete