Saturday 13 August 2011

"GEET" d next cubical girl

This is my first ever attempt in story writing or what you want to say this. I know it’s having so many mistakes…just ignore for the beginner’s sake :)

I don’t know why I am writing this, but just want to let you people know about the girl, who sits next to my cube. There is nothing much special in that girl but really she reminds me of ‘Geet’ from "Jab V met” and at the same time I feel like ’Aditya’ an old man inside a young gabru jawaan.


I don’t know what kind of work she does, but literally sometimes it’s like one small portion of my floor is dedicated to a government employee. I think out of 9 hours, at least 3 hours she spends on cell-phone or extension phone plus the communicator thing and the *GCAL thing. Sometimes it feels like she is laughing on me (see how workaholic these people are). Generally around 10:00-11:00 time is her Outlook and communicator session. Thanks to Microsoft for making such kind of products which gives you opportunity to maintain a decent social life even in professional world. After *MOC session the conversation with her teammates in a not so long tea session. OMG it’s lunch time...

It’s OK *GCAL is meant only for 1 hour, now it’s time to do some really serious task. Really I don’t know what kind of really serious task is that, but after 14:30 she looks really serious. Point to be noted first time serious in a day after 14:30. It’s not like a fix schedule, sometimes very rarely, once in a month (I am using month to give her some respect) the whole day is meant for really serious tasks.


And 1 more serious pointer, her cube has a chart with quotation written :

"don't stop before quiting time !
be proud to give a FULL DAY'S WORK! "

OMG....... :'(


I guess her desktop background and screensaver changes every day with her pics; it’s not like I spy on her screen, everyday around 19:00 in evening when I go for a tea in pantry, she laughs from her screen ,“so sad you people are still here!! doing R&D ??”. OMG this screen is not on power saver mode like her maalkin, hmmm may be after 20:00 it will go.


The funniest thing, on her birthday around 1 month back. It’s like she is telling everyone that today is the day when I came into this world to change the rules. Hey Raaj( Bcoz naam to suna hi hoga), Neha, Pooja (Bcoz her dusri ladki ka naam hota hai) it’s my birthday today where is my gift yaar...... After lunch around 14:00, Raaj can you please do me a favor…hmmm… hey just go to CCD please and get 1 bday cake…don’t bring Chocolate one OK...Raaj : hey I am busy yaar ….hi Raaam…are hud hai yaar!!!…chal its OK I know you are kidding…take this (giving Rs 500 to Raaj) and get soon yaar…I have already sent mail for cake cutting. OMG Really it’s toooo ,much.


So many lil-lil things to write about her, whether her cell phone’s ringtone or her conversation’s topics, easily audible to everyone. But 1 thing is sure, this Geet is still of 16 or 17, enjoying her life at the fullest and reminds me of my old freaky days when I used to live a king-size life, no deadlines, no priorities, no sessions, no status reports…..nothing…Only me and my frns….our college… dhaba...hot ginger tea…PARLE G...our music…experiments with guitar…biking…having EYE tonic in the evening at Rajpur RoadGTA,NFS,CS,cardsbday bumps literally like bombs…our big-big parties in a not so big room… semester nights masti n fun...


Now I am left with some photographs, some phone numbers in my contact list, so many friends in my FB list, really so many unforgettable memories, a system with a limited memory in my cube having some softwares,files, ebooks/PPTs, my CODE, Outlook and the latest MOC with call option enabled and finally from the title of this story the only 1 “GEET” and so many Aditya” on my floor....


*GCAL: Time includes general activities like lunch, breakfast n all...genrerally 1 hr for a day.
*MOC : Microsoft office communicator.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

3 comments:

  1. This was such a nice read. I could imagine what geet was like and its very amusing to imagine your shocked expressions at her activities :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oww... wat a gal!

    //GTA,NFS,CS
    good old days! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.. reminded me of something...:)

    ReplyDelete